Tuesday 26 March 2013


Isla

Another few hours spent yesterday with Isla, our beautiful granddaughter – now scientifically proven to be the cutest baby on the entire planet!

And part of it is the beautiful simplicity of her life. She isn't worried about whether there will still be snow tomorrow or how to pay the mortgage or how the big bang started. All she does is eat and sleep – bliss! What a sad contrast to my own anxiety-ridden life.

Why and how did I ever find so many things to worry about? Why do I define the Christian life in terms of activity, instead of being? Can it be that we run around after this and that because we are trying to attract our Father's attention? To make him love us more, as if that were possible? Can't we learn from Isla that our mere existence is enough to provoke the love and delight of heaven?

Jesus said, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me shall never go hungry." He also said, "Come unto me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest." All we need to do – just eating and sleeping…

No comments: