Thursday 20 February 2014

Pack up your troubles in your old sandbag...

It seems forever ago now, but we had a concert at St Andrew's on Saturday 7 Feb! A lot of people weren't able to make it because the flood water was already rising rapidly that day, but others did and we had a lovely time - and raised nearly £1,000. There was a huge variety of items for every musical and poetical taste, thank you everyone who took part.

For those who couldn't make it, here was one of my own contributions. You know the tune...

Yesterday
all my troubles seemed so far away
now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Suddenly
I hear there's tons of concrete on the way
Heathrow really want that third runway
There's too few planes in Wraysbury

Why don't they listen to Boris I don't know, they wouldn't say
Who cares if he's raving mad, wish he had just got his way

Suddenly
floods of water all come pouring through
no-one told me to bring a canoe
when I came up for interview.

Oh, suddenly
I'm not half the man I used to be
I've been shrinking in the wash you see
that's why I've gone all wrinkle-y

Why has it all gone wrong? Is it me? Am I to blame?
I should have warned them from the start, Jonah is my middle name!

But now today
St Andrew's is an awesome place to pray
You lot and Jesus really make my day
Oh, I believe in you today -

mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm


No comments: