Being the Church
I'm really excited about this year's Lent Course! The theme Being the Church gives us time to explore what it means to be God's people and how we can participate more effectively in the life of His family. I believe it will revitalise our own life together here in Horton and Wraysbury. It's a chance to review how we can support and encourage one another, look afresh at our own gifts and find new ways to use them to bless others, and do all those Bible things about loving one another. Each session looks at a different model from the Bible of how to be church.
All sessions are at 7.15pm on Thursday evenings in Wraysbury Baptist Church. Here are the details:-
1. Thursday 13 March: Beginnings
– a look at the Church newly sprung
from the coming of the Holy Spirit,
with Beryl speaking from Acts 2:42-47.
There will also be an agape as part of this session.
2. Thursday 20 March: The Body of Christ
– Colin explores ways we can participate
in the life of the church from Romans 12:3-8
3. Thursday 27 March: The Bride of Christ
– Carolyn shares how we express the values
and love of Jesus in our corporate life
from Ephesians 5:25-33
4. Thursday 3 April: An Army
- Our old friend Andrew Parry is back!
He'll be telling us about being the army of the Lord
from Ephesians 6:10-18
5. Thursday 10 April: The Vine
– Time to think how we can bear fruit for God
from John chapter 15.
The format for each evening is refreshments, worship time, short talk, discussion groups, then closing all together for feedback and final reflections.
Post a Comment