Wednesday 4 September 2013

A most interesting chat with my chiropractor yesterday. Rupert asked me if a lot of people are praying for me, as he knows I am a vicar. I said yes, people have been really supportive and are praying a lot. Then he said that he thinks I am making very good progress and am well ahead of where he expected me to be at this stage. We thought together about the value of prayer in speeding recovery.

I forget who it was who was once challenged whether answers to prayer are really just coincidences. Whoever it was said, "When I pray, coincidences happen…"

(I've checked up on this now. The full quotation is, "When I pray, coincidences happen, and when I don't, they don't" - Archbishop William Temple.)

Anyway, thank you for all your prayers for me while I've been poorly. The chiropractor reckons they are working!

1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I've heard coincidences described as " when God chooses to remain anonymous."